First Published on: Nov 5, 2007 @ 17:46
Revisited: January 2009
Inspired by the writer -Flesh and Blood! Not Ones and Zeros! Not in the Matrix! But in real life!
Not long ago, I blog about “How to write a book: Almost” published under Support at WordPress.com.
Here is the instruction on how to write a book using WordPress.
1. Create 3 pages and name them, front, index and chapters.
- Reinforcement 1– Open MSPaint and draw a shape of a book.
- Reinforcement 2 – Open GIMP and draw a tree. See sample here.
- Reinforcement 3 – Draw the picture below.
WP Update: Dashboard Changed
By following the steps below will produce a front cover, an index and the actual chapters.
- Create a new page from Pages -> Add New called “Front”.
- Create a new page from from Pages -> Add New called “Index”.
- Create a new page from Pages -> Add New called “Chapters”.
- Go to Settings -> ReadingUnder Front page displays, choose A static page.Set “Front” as the Front page.Set “Chapters” as the Posts page.
For memory sake go…
2. Go to Options > Reading Make “Book Front” the front of the blog.
I don’t like the result. I refused to make “Book Front” the front’s blog. I will leave the way they are.
Home | Book Front | Profile
3. “Make “chapters” have the posts.” What? Yes, I did not get it. So I continued.
4. On “Book Front” make one link to “index” “Contents” page
Testing link, testing…
Result: Link was created to Content page.
5. Write a post – your Chapter 1. Publish it. Copy the URL of the post.
Here is my post’s link – My Chapter 1.
6. Edit “Contents” and place a link to Chapter 1