Most forums required registration. I registered without hesitation. I acquired two important forms of authentication, they are my;
- User Id:
To avoid being banned in a forum and remain ethical – as an active/inactive forums member, I forced myself to regularly visit the pages listed below.
- forums rules pages,
- frequently asked questions pages,
- support pages links, and
- search first before asking any question
Suggested forum links are,
- Mamboserver forum rules,
- Joomla forum rules,
- Mambo-foundation.org forum rules,
- Tips for posting to Drupal forums,
- Forum module FAQ – MoodleDocs, and
- New to wordpress – where to start
Possible question: Why do you recommend those links?
Dear readers. I have my personal reasons why I picked those links and without further or specific explanations. You judged those forums yourself – that is your personal responsibility. 12/28/08
Forum skills acquired:
- “Police thyself” by following the rules of engagement (Read the forum rules of your choice)
- Document your forum experience. Be creative!
Sample project: Join any forums of your choice/interest/goal/objective
or complete the steps listed below as guide:
Step 2: Review the code of conduct or Forum rules as often as you can. (Introduce bookmarking)
Step 3: Convince yourself that reading the forum rules regularly is necessary. (Create your own version of forum rules.)
Step 4: Please be thankful that we are not required to memorize the forum rules and recite them like prayers or get tested to qualify for membership and worst pay hefty amount of money to access the “Promise of Gold” pages. (Create a website that generates legit income)
Step 5: Find a Discussion of interest:
Step 6: Recreate the scenario. document, share and blog if you dare. Create a link to nyjoomla.wordpress.com to your blog for refutation. (Concept: advertisement, marketing, search engine ratings)
Step 7: Answer the anticipated question: Where should I charge the hours while doing all these uninterested waste of time project?
- Charged to “The art of documentation for personal enjoyment
- Charged to your personal commitment to lifelong learning
- Just comply will ya!
Additional project :
For Local computer
- Install, configure, administer Apache, PHP and MySQL. Document your experience.
- Install, configure, create and document a project (basic) using phpMyAdmin
- Install, configure and administer Moodle, Drupal, WordPress, Joomla and for good old days, Mambo too
- Install configure and administer phpBB
- Create a project based on “Building (clean) dashboards for your web apps” from http://eksith.wordpress.com/2008/03/12/building-clean-dashboards-for-your-app/
- Buy a domain name or
- Join the wordpress world of bloggers and start your blog